The Client application can be started in one of the following two modes:
As a limited application
This mode allows you to perform tasks only available to a Windows standard user. It doesn't allow you to control UAC prompts, install applications, setup unattended access, etc.
By default, the Client application attempts to run as a Windows system service. However, the remote user may not have sufficient rights to accept the UAC prompt and in such cases the Client application will be started as a limited application.
As a Windows system service (with elevated administrator privileges)
This mode will allow you to do the following:
- perform installations, including the FixMe.IT Client application and unattended client
- control and respond to UAC prompts
- send a Ctrl+Alt+Del command to the remote computer
- restart/reconnect, including restart in safe mode
- log on/log off and switch Windows users
- any other tasks that require administrator rights on the remote computer
When the Client application is started as a limited application, you will see the following message on your Home toolbar after connecting to the computer:
To restart the Client application as a Windows system service:
- Click the restart the Client as a Service link
- You will be prompted to enter the Windows credentials for the remote computer. You can enter these credentials yourself or pass the request to the remote user.
- The remote user may be prompted to accept the UAC dialog.
After the Client application has been restarted, a corresponding notification will be displayed in your chat panel.
Watch the video: